samedi 24 mars 2007

Romania ! !

Finally here i am in Roumania. But first, the way from Budapest to Cluj (450km), my first step in Ro. I decided to leave tuesday early in the morning. No luck it was raining. But well, after 1 hour of buses, metro, i m fianlly arrived to my hitch-hinking place close to the airport which is on the road leading to Cluj. I really expected to make the 450km in one day and arrive in Cluj the same day, maybe late in the evening. But no way ! New personal record : 5 hours waiting under the small drops of rain. No one takes you when it is raining, even more on small roads. So tuesday, the 450km expected turned to be 20km. I spent the night in a small farm actually close to Budapest. Soit! C est la vie. Next day, i ve been more lucky. At 7.30AM, i was on the road...2 cars, 1 truck and i m in Roumania around 12.00 AM or 1.00 PM as the border with Roumania is time zone changing.

I had been told that hitch-hiking in Roumania is a business in itself; people who take you when you re hitch-hiking ask you some money. I must be lucky as for now i did not pay anything. More, the 1st guy who took me to Cluj offered me a beer on the way, a tour in the city Oradea, and phoned, when i was sleeping, to the person who host me in Cluj to have a meeting point. Simply great, that man!

In Cluj i spent 2 nights in The youth Hostel (not so cheap...15E for the night in dormitory) because my host from HospitalityClub could not host me. There I met a great english guy though. Totally different than the idea i had about the english. Traveling really opens you a lot !

About Roumania, I really like it even if this country seems to me like a little bit chaotic sometimes... Similar to India in some ways.. Here you really feel you re not in western-Europe anymore for sure. A lot of people in the streets, be careful when you re crossing streets, no care about buildings or streets renovation ,so on... There s a lack of organisation...but that s the charm of this country.Still really nice churches, and colorful houses, and the feeling of a still strong culture. A rural cuture actually. Villages here still live slowly, agriculture is still really present as well...

Now i m in Sighisoara, a small city a little bit more on the way to Bucarest. A nice medieval-style city. On my way i still continue to have nice talk about my favourite topic: the Gypsies....and the reasons why they re so few recognised and appreciated...
Still looking for my concert as well..One day maybe, who knows...

Aucun commentaire: